Tuesday, April 10, 2012

When It Rains, It Pours

What should be a happy, exciting time in life is turning into stress covered in disappointment. My fiance and I have been trying to buy a house since October. The bank now tells us they still have no deed and are being forced by the government to take the house off the market. Who knows when we will get our dream house.

We went on a field trip to the aquarium today. My students were great. We completed the Aquarium Field Trip packet I made (click HERE to see it) before and after we went. The students loved it, and I really think it helped them reflect on what they learned. After our staff meeting, my principal said she needed to talk to me. We have a good relationship, so I wasn't worried. Well, here comes the blow. Thanks to the great terrible state of Georgia, class sizes have been raised which means I will be, more than likely, be relocated to another part of the county. Can we say devastated? I tried so hard to hold back my tears....I couldn't. I started crying, my principal started crying, it was a mess. My school is like a big family. I can't imagine going anywhere else.

I guess for one happy note, here are some of my precious students at the Georgia Aquarium. We had fun, until my day ended in devastation.
My sister told me this verse when I got home. It provides a little bit of comfort. "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." (Jeremiah 29:11 NIV)

Here's to hoping for a better day....

6 comments :

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog, sorry to hear about your day :( hopefully you will get some good news soon!

    Hadar

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww I'm so sorry but I know your sister's verse is right, God has good plans for you, sometimes what we don't want the most is what's best for us and we can't see it until you are there. I pray all will turn out well for you. I am confident it's all in God's hands!
    Amy
    The Resource(ful) Room

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel ya, girl! My hubs and I searched for almost a year, put three offers in, and we were feeling discouraged.. and then OUR house came along, and it all worked out because it was MEANT TO BE.. something our agent kept telling us would happen all along.. so keep your head up!!
    ❤Teri
    A Cupcake for the Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope it ends up that you don't have to move schools! It would still be great to have a job, though- I got RIF'ed last year and that is TOUGH! Still, even with losing my job, I found a new one that is great. Praying that things work out for you, both with the house and job!

    Jenny
    Luckeyfrog's Lilypad

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sorry for your news. That verse helps me all the time too...

    I am your newest follower. :)

    Michelle

    Apples and ABC's

    ReplyDelete