Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Back to School Prep

I've been workin' hard getting things in order to head back to school next week. I don't even start pre-planning until Monday! Since I got married this summer, I've loved having the extra time after the wedding to get my life in order!

First, I made a transportation management system that I've been seeing all over blogs and pinterest! If this was originally your idea, let me know so I can give you credit! You can find these FREEBIE transportation circles HERE at my TpT store. I'm going to have the students clip their clothespin on there to show how they're going home. I had students last year who went home a different way everyday. Sometimes the office would buzz me and ask how they went home......umm....that's not a good feeling!!!

Next, I made a matching "Jungle Jobs" chart to go with my jungle jobs cards. You can find those HERE! These also match my behavior chart which can also be found on TpT! 

Then, I went ahead and got my student binders together. I use a SAFARI binder, which stands for "Students and Families Are Ready & Informed." Here is what the cover looks like: (I will put their name on the black line)

On the inside of this binder I put stickers for Take Home and Bring Back. Students put papers that need to go home to parents in the "Take Home" side. Anything that comes back to me goes in the "Bring Back" pocket.
 I also have a pouch inside for their homework packet. I used regular page protectors last year, and since I use a homework packet they keep for the whole week, the page protectors just wouldn't cut it. I found these cool pockets at Office Max and they were buy 3 get 1 free! :) I think they are going to hold up really well! Here's what the cover looks like:

Finally, don't forget that my 100 Follower Giveaway ends tonight at midnight!! Thanks to all of you who have entered. Click HERE to go enter! I will announce the winner TOMORROW! :) Good luck to everyone, and I can't wait to see who wins!




1 comment :